Shalom Mishpacha (Family),
I have great news to share with everyone. Etz Chayim Messianic Synagogue is open for Shabbat Services and everyone is welcome to come. It is our desire to ensure everyone is safe and protected as much as possible. To that effect, the following practices and requests are taking place.
- The Synagogue is being cleaned and sanitized prior to the Service to ensure the health and safety of all.
- Seating is being adjusted and blocked to ensure proper social distancing of approximately six feet. Families can sit together, but no one else.
- Upon entry to the Synagogue, everyone must use hand sanitizer at the door.
- Please no handshaking or hugging to ensure the safety and health of everyone.
- Please limit the use of restrooms to prevent social distancing issues.
- There will be dancing, but no holding hands and social distancing will be practiced.
- There will be a Torah Procession, but people will remain at their seats and touch the Torah with Bibles only (no hands).
- Avoid any congregating or crowding at all times, maintaining at least a distance of six feet.
- Everyone is welcome to bring and wear facemasks and facemasks will be available if desired.
- There will be a Parasha Study at 2:30pm in the large Gymnasium, but social distancing will be practiced.
- At least initially, there will not be a Shabbat School for children. Children will remain with parents and be monitored.
- Please, if you’re not feeling well, or are sick, please stay home and watch the Service on Facebook or YouTube
- Let’s all do our best to cooperate. Otherwise, you may be asked to leave. This is for the health and safety of all.
- Do not fear, but trust in Adonai with all your heart
I realize these rules and practices seem out of place for a Congregation of Believers, but these are unusual times and it takes the cooperation of everyone to ensure the well-being and safety of all. I’m believing in faith and trusting in the Lord, that the situation will improve greatly in the coming weeks and I hope and pray we can get back to normal again soon. I do want to thank everyone for their faithfulness during the past month(s) and encourage your continued financial support of Etz Chayim Messianic Synagogue.
For those of you who have not installed the Givelify App on your smartphone, please download it on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. This allows you to contribute to the congregation in just a few seconds. For those who don’t have a smartphone, or if you prefer not to install this app, you can contribute on the Live Stream Page or the Giving Page on our website. The Giving Page also gives an option to use PayPal. If preferred, you can mail a check or money order to: PO Box 5863, Lakeland, FL 33807-5863
NOTE: We will continue to Live Stream our Shabbat Service on YouTube and Facebook every Saturday morning at 11:00am.
Love to all.
Blessings in Messiah Yeshua,
Messianic Rabbi Yossi Laster